Friday, April 8, 2011

Knit n' Stitch

   Last night I went to a Knit n' Stitch at my local library. I sat there quietly most of the time because usually, I don't fit in with old people(sorry). Being a long-time young knitter, I'm use to this. Even though I didn't talk to them very much, it was fun. I loved to look around and see a bunch of people who were all doing what I was doing- knitting! Well, alot of them were crocheting, but that's besides the point. Some of them finally noticed my project and talked to me as they admired my leafy stitches for a few minutes. But atleast there were cookies, right? Most of the time I did what I do best- eavesdrop. I found out the lady across from me is opening up her own bakery, somebody is going to a peach festival and need peach recipe ideas, alot of them don't even know how to knit, one of them has a taste for everything fancy and another moved from Louisiana. Overall, I think I was probably the best knitter there.
   Also, I am making some very good progress on my leaf pillow. I am more than half way done with the front of it already. It is finishing up alot faster than I thought it would. This means that I will probably do the back in the leaf pattern instead of plain stockinette stitch.
Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment