Sunday, March 6, 2011

Giraffe

   So, her is what happened with the giraffe. I almost didn't finish it, but I finally got it done after I stayed up late working on it. The boday turned out okay and so did the head. Sort of. The arms and legs were just crocheted chains(remember. it was very late at night). The ears were crocheted and the spots were stitched on with a crochet hook. It looked like crap a little odd. Even if I had remembered to take a picture of it before I gave it to my friend, I don't think I would have posted it. It was horrible. Of course, though, she loved it. Even though a majority of people sayed it looked like a rubber chicken and that it looked nothing like a giraffe. She's my best friend, and she doesn't care if my middle-of-the-night-whip-it-up-really-quick-birthday-giraffe looks like a rubber chicken. I spent my time and precious yarn on it. So, if you think you could make a better giraffe and would like to risk a scraggly rubber chicken falling off your needles, here is how I made my giraffe

Birthday Giraffe
using whatever kind of yarn and dpns you want, co 6sts
row 1 and every odd row:knit
2:kfb in every stitch(12 sts)
4:k1, kfb(18 sts)
6:k2, kfb(24 sts)
8:k3, kfb(30 sts)
10:k4, kfb(36 sts)
12:k5, kfb(42 sts)
knit 5 rows
14:k4, k2tog(30 sts)
16:k3, k2tog(24 sts)
18:k2, k2tog(18 sts)
20:k1, k2tog(12 sts)
22:k2tog(6 sts)
23-29:knit
30:kfb(12)
32: k1, kfb(18)
34:k2, kfb(24)
36:k3, kfb(30)
37-39:knit
40:k3, k2tog
42:k2, k2tog
44:k1, k2tog
45:k2tog

make arms and legs using chains , icords, or whatever you want
knit or crochet ears
figure out how to make a snout
put on a pompom tail
embroider on face and spots
 enjoy your rubber chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment